Friday, November 19, 2010

Requesting YOU OPINION on purchasing a new CELL PHONE ... Would APPRECIATE your HELP! (Details follow)?

First, THANKS for reading this! We're off to a good start! I'm in my mid-40's and work as a Pharmacy/Pharmacology Instructor. What I'm saying is I'm NOT rich!

I've had the same LG flip phone for almost five years. Time to upgrade! (They don't even make the battery for it any longer!) ....

About me - Typical guy . . . love gadgets! However, while I can take care ';delicate'; items, it's not my strength ... but I DO try!

Most teenagers know MUCH more about these new cell phones than me!



Here's the dealeo: I was never big on texting. I think it's a fad. BUT, as I moved up in my job, I'll be getting more texts and sending more. As of today, I have to pay for each text! That's adding up! I do NOT use multimedia/Internet, listen to music, etc on my current outdated phone mainly because it's outdated. But I wouldn't MIND! However, that is NOT important. I will NOT be using it for ANY gaming.



What I'd be using the new phone for includes calls/voicemails (obviously), and texting. But MAYBE I'll find some cool features like GPS that I'll use because I have them. (I know that app is extra $$).



CARRIER: I have VERIZON and like it--no dropped calls and I like in a valley. I'd prefer to stay with Verizon, but that's NOT a definite.

CONTRACT: I'm well over my 2-year contract. I'd prfer NOT to sign a contract b/c there are so many changes that maybe I'll like a phone exclusive to another carrier before 1 or 2 years. But I WILL sign one. Besides, it really DECREASES the $ of the phone! I THINK I'd LIKE the new i-Phone 3Gs (AT%26amp;T), but my credit STINKS. I'm currently on a friends/family deal with Verison as most of my f%26amp;f have Verizon. MANY people I know (even IN law enforcement) have jail-broken their new i_phones. LOTS of cool apps for ';free!'; ... My son has ENV and likes it. It's ';okay';, but I like the ENV-Touch better. I also like the Samsung Omnia (sp?)...I know that's a Smart-Phone, but I could add stuff to it later. Any comparison to that and the iPhone 3GS??



TOUCH SCREEN: LOVE the way it looks...just another gadget! I heard they break easily. How true is that with ';average/normal handling IF I use a case?



My question for YOU: I'm overwhelmed with how many phones are available! But I need to get one within a couple of days. (My phone is almost dead). I do NOT like the way Blackberry's look---keys are way too small; I think they're ugly! ... SO, what phone would YOU suggest I get? and WHY? (Oh, b4 I forget, IF I switch and get an i-Phone, can I carry my phone number over??) **PLEASE don't just limit your feedback to the models I wrote about**



I thank you VERY much for your time %26amp; patience and WILL award ';Best Answer by Wednesday night.



(Serious replies only, please! ...I have a sense of humor, but an stressed out about what to get!)



Again, THANK YOU! (Feel free to email me as well).Requesting YOU OPINION on purchasing a new CELL PHONE ... Would APPRECIATE your HELP! (Details follow)?
1: It's pretty obvious you are lying about both your age and occupation.



#2: You love gadgets yet you have one of the oldest phones on the market? once again, one of these facts is a blatant lie, I assume the former.



#3: Most teenagers know a lot more about hip lingo than you too, ';dealeo';? seriously?



#4: When you pay for text messages you send less, thus conserving energy, and saving the planet.



#5: If you were to get the Omnia, you have to pay $30 for the verizon data plan regardless. You can't opt out and add it on later.



#6: The blackberries think you're ugly too.



---------



Now for a bit of seriousness, I would suggest that you purchase the LG Dare. It is a Verizon touch screen phone that, unlike the Omnia, does not require a $30 a month data plan, but can easily accommodate one when (and if) you decide to add one. This is because it has a full html browser and mobile email capability. In addition, the touch screen is based around the use of your fingers rather than a stylus, making it much easier to use than the Omnia. The touch screens can be delicate, but if you invest in a decent screen protector then you have nothing to worry about (invisible shield sells the best). Full body coverage is good too, but not necessary.

For your purposes, and in my opinion, the LG Dare seems like the right phone for you, though I suggest you go to your local Verizon store to try it out and make sure the touch screen isn't difficult/annoying to use.Requesting YOU OPINION on purchasing a new CELL PHONE ... Would APPRECIATE your HELP! (Details follow)?
i have the samsung omnia and i dont recommend it. it freezes up wayyyy to much and the battery life is tooooooo short. u use it for like 4 hours and the batter is almost dead. get the droid by htc. its just like the ipod touvh but better.

Report Abuse


First of all, my personal opinion on the iPhone is that they are overated and they suck. Second of all, iPod Touch screen is working perfectly even though I've dropped it at least a hundred times. I think a QWERTY (physical) phone is better for texting. But a good phone is the Samsung Omnia and on AT%26amp;T the Samsung Eternity is good. I personally like the EnV3. But there isn't a touch screen.
All these phones are under 100 and you should get them cheap since you will be upgrading :-)

Here are some phones that look good and the links:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store鈥?/a>

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store鈥?/a>

This phone allows you to text both ways and the front screen is small:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store鈥?/a>

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store鈥?/a>

Good Luck on picking a phone!!! What i did before i chose i searched on youtube for reviews and what other people were saying so i hope you pick the right phone for you!!
maybe you can have a look to ebsilk ! my father like cellphones on this site .

No comments:

Post a Comment