Sunday, November 21, 2010

A question about using carpet tiles....please help!?

We just got a new house which is unfortunately tiled with ceramic tile in our family room, where we will do most of our living. I have a 1 year old who is rough and dives from couch to couch. If he fell on his head on that ceramic tile, the results could be terrible.



Keep in mind, we are renting this house....



I was trying to find a throw rug to put on the floor but I found something called carpet tiles. It looks to be perfect for us because of the way I could ';free hand'; where I want to put the carpet. I think that this could be a perfect option for us, except for one concern.



How does this stuff stick to your floor AND would it ruin the perfectly good and beautiful ceramic tile underneath it? When we move out of this house, I want to leave their house in the exact condition that it was when we moved in.



Do you think it would be possible to lay these carpet tiles down without ruining the ceramic tile underneath? Also, are these carpet tiles very padded and coushy?A question about using carpet tiles....please help!?
The carpet tiles I've seen are pretty thin %26amp; wouldn't do much to protect your young ones head in a fall. Not much cushioning. The adhesive is similar to that of peel 'n stick vinyl tiles. Very strong. If you could get it all off, it would take alot of work %26amp; no guarantee that it wouldn't hurt the ceramic. I'd try to find a nice pile room size rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment