Friday, November 19, 2010

In a bad emotional way?

I have been so miserable lately that's it's really starting to effect my everyday life.

Basically I've been sick with flu for the last week so I haven't exactly been a ray of sunshine anyway but the winter-ish weather and the fact that everyone seems to take me for granted is making my whole life seem unbearable.



(I have work, calling me up at the last minute to say, oh so-and-so didn't show up again but it's ok because we know you'll cancel your whole day off and cover their shift for us at no extra pay or thanks. Or my family, oh it's ok she won't mind doing this that and the other. I'll just go up to her at random, announce that I have offered her services without asking first and get her to do it for you a.s.a.p)



It hurts that my own family only want to spend time with me if they're going to get something out of it. I can't just show up for a chat with my parents or to have a simple meal together, no, the extended invitation only works if I'm helping them out, fixing something electronic that's broken or looking over legal documents for them etc.

The only exception to this being Christmas.

Now don't get me wrong, I do love my family and I know they'd be there if I really needed them but I also feel like I'm being taken advantage of by everyone, like I'm the evil one for not dropping every aspect of my life to answer their beck and call.

Recently I've had enough of it and I've flat out refused to stick my neck out for everyone else, since then all I've heard is ';oh you're so disagreeable and moody lately';

Well yeah I am. I'm in a thankless job I hate, my own family use me and don't support my ambitions, I've been ill, the weather is making me depressed and I feel so smothered by my tiny little home town that I just want to scream.



I also found out that once we inherit my parents are expecting me to play the proverbial financial babysitter for my sister because even though she's of age and supposedly a responsible adult she's stupid enough to run up huge debts spending money she doesn't have. So I'm supposed to look after both our inheritance and tie myself to her financial problems. Again this was assumed without even consulting me. I'm trying to make my own way in the world and I shouldn't have to run her life as well or get caught up with her financial problems.

I haven't been myself lately, I like helping people out, I always have and I never used to be snappish but recently I lose my temper at everything and I either spend the day literally gritting me teeth or I outright snap and then feel guilty for it later.



Sorry for the rant but I really did need to get it out. My questions are.

How do I get over these feelings of frustration, depression and anger?



What's a good way to keep from snapping without totally repressing your feelings and making yourself feel worse? (Enough to cause a physical stomach ache or head ache)



Should I just pack my stuff, move across the country and start over? (%26lt;%26lt;%26lt; Have debated doing this more and more over the past few weeks.)



Am I just over-reacting to this situation or do you think I'm justified in feeling upset?In a bad emotional way?
It is time for you to tell everyone in your life that you need a change in your life. For your family especially, make sure they know you love them and don't mean to sound disrespectful, but you feel like it's time for you to seek out your own life as an independent person. You need to make a Declaration of Independence! Before you do this to you job, you might want to make sure you have a resume ready and prepare to resign (have a new job lined up) if they react in a negative manner. It is OK to quit your job as long as you are able to move on without a big problem.



Just don't burn bridges. That is the trick here.In a bad emotional way?
question is too long
  • find homes for sale2
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment