Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Is it okay for you mother to talk to you like a child and not give you the respect as an adult? **READ BELOW**?

Recently I moved and my mother OFFERED to help. Remember I NEVER ASKED HER but i was very appreciative and happy for her to help me. The day before I called my father to help me move my bed because he has a pick-up truck. He said he yes he would but he had something THE NEXT morning. I told him that was alright because I am moving in the evening. So, we both agreed that I would call him when I get off the next day. He was drunk at the time of but i didnt pay it any mind because he's always drunk. So, my moving day has arrived I am so excited about picking up the key and heading home to start moving. I call my mother as soon as I get in so we can start moving things. She come over and ask where my dad is and i told her I will call him. As we are moving my things she was carrying a box and I asked her ';do you want me to carry that'; she replied (in a nasty tone) ';no go get something else';, i began to get annoyed because my mother always act like a *****. So we are still moving, then she tells me ';call your dad'; and I said ';I am lets just move these things first and the bed can be last'; then she says I AM NOT TRYING TO BE DOING THIS ALL NIGHT. I replied ';you can help me with whatever and my dad and my boyfriend can help me with the rest';. So i finally called my father to ask him is he still going to help me and said '; i will do whatever you want';(still drunk) he asks me whats wrong because he heard anger in my voice because of my mother. So then I told him I am here with my moyher, then he says let me say hi to her (they are not together, and they barely get along. he was just drunk) So, i go and give the phone to my mother by extending my arm without looking at her. I noticed sh didnt take it so turned around only to see lift her hand as if I am supposed to walk over to her and give it to her. I give it to her and she snatches it causing the phone to hang up. By this time I am thinking ';OH MY GOD';. So she calls my father again asking him what time was he coming to help me with my bed because she is sooo tired and she isnt trying to be doing this all night and he says ';OH, SHE WANTED ME TO DO THAT TODAY?'; So my mother says ';okay JOE, alright'; in an irritated voice then hangs up and starts yelling at me while the door is open and the neighbors could here in the building '; WHY DID YOU TELL YOUR DAD YOU WERE MOVING TOMORROW? YOU ARE GETTING EVICTED. YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE OUT OF HERE BY TODAY';. So I say '; FIRSTLY, WHY ARE YOU YELLING MY BUSINESS WITH THE DOOR OPEN AND SECNDLY WHY WOULD I TELL HIM TOMORROW. COULDNT YOU HEAR THAT HE WAS DRUNK ON THE PHONE AND HE WAS DRUNK WHEN I TALKED TO HIM LAST NIGHT. OBVIOUSLY HE MISCOMPREHENDED WHAT I SAID BECAUSE HE WAS DRUNK. AND I DIDNT KNOW THAT UNTIL JUST NOW.'; Then she says ';WELL WHY DIDNT I CALL HIM BACK?'; And i says '; CALL HIM BACK FOR WHAT? WE ALREADY AGREED THAT HE WAS GOING TO HELP ME. HE IS DRUNK CAN'T YOU HEAR IT?'; So we are walking down the steps headind outside then she says '; YOU KNOW WHAT DON'T SAY **** TO ME. I TOLD MYSELF I WASNT GOING TO HELP YOU ANYMORE.'; Then TELLS me in a nasty voice ';Go back upstairs and get my pocketbook';. So I tell her ';NO!!! You get it'; She snatched the keys from me then head to retrieve her pocketbook. When she came back downstairs she throes my keys on the ground telling me to get my keys and telling me how disrespectful I am. So my brother just happens to drive up and she tells him she is not helping me move because I an disrespectful and the things in my apartment arent ready to go and that I told my dad i was moving tomorrow. As if I dont know what I am doing. So I started explaining my brother that our dad was drunk and I didnt know he miscomprehended what was going on until today and I was going to move the little stuff first and then call my dad after all that was taken care of. So my mother starts unpacking my things from her car and telling me to ';SHUT THE **** UP'; and telling my brother ';YOU BETTER GET HER BEFORE I PUNCH HER IN THE FACE.'; Please give me you opinion about this. I am a 24 year old female with no children. My mother thinks she can tell me what to do as far as how I dress, wear my hair, where and how i should live, how i should say things and she thinks she can talk to me like a peice of ****. I AM TIRED OF IT!!!!!!!! GIVE YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE..Is it okay for you mother to talk to you like a child and not give you the respect as an adult? **READ BELOW**?
wow you have every right to be mad. i would never ask her to help me do jack ever again. no she doesn't have a right to talk to you like a child but i'm not giving you a pass to be disrespectful towards her either. i would keep a safe distance from her for a little while work on your self and the next time your around her and she snaps at you say oh it's time to go home , turn and walk away. don't let her pull you into her negative mood. leave as fast as you canIs it okay for you mother to talk to you like a child and not give you the respect as an adult? **READ BELOW**?
sounds to me like your mother is treating you @ the age you want to behave;; sounds like she's sick %26amp; tired of you 'knowing what you're doing', when clearly, you don't;;; you have no plan, you think everything is just gonna 'flow';; if I were your mom, I'd be gone, letting you take care of your move yourself...evicted..that's not mom's fault..she reached her peak %26amp; you, my dear, just went along yelling to the crowd..you both are a piece...you're mother is worried about you..%26amp; you, sounds like you're worried about nothing..hope life picks up for you...but it sounds like you need to simply learn how to 'plan'...good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment