Friday, November 19, 2010

';Running away'; at 19...?

Alright so I realiza that since I am over the legal age of 18, if I just left my house it would not be technically running away. But that's what I'm doing. I'll give you a little bit of information to fully understand so you're able to answer the question I'm going to ask though. So, let me say first that I am not leaving my parents house out of hate, anger, or anything cliche like that. My reason is that I just want to live my life the way I've always been wanting to. And that's very hard to do when you have one of the most judgmental people as your mom. I don't necessarily want to go and do bad things but just I guess not have to worry if what I am doing is going to be approved by her.



I feel as though I have a pretty flawless plan as to how I am going to do this as well. What I am going to do is at night when both my parents are sleeping, my boyfriend is going to help me get all my stuff out of my room and put it all into his car. I have written a long letter to my parents that I will be leaving on the kitchen counter where they will easily see in the morning. In this letter, I will explain my reasoning behind moving out, who I am with, and that I will contact them so they know I am safe. I know it will hurt my parents but I feel like nothing else will get the point across. I also don't plan on cutting my family out of my life completely. What I am going to do is after a few days of my moving out, I will call my parents just to say I'm safe and no need to worry. And then eventually, after things have calmed down at a tolerable level, keep more in touch with them.



As for where I'll go, I have a place to stay and also a very good job already that actually pays a lot more than my parents have ever made but that's beside the point. I will also be attending school once I get everything together. I do want to succeed in life and I want to go far with all my dreams but I want to do it the way I feel is best for me, not what my parents want. This may sound like just a pathetic (or no so pathetic) attempt at rebellion. But that's not what I'm doing. I just need to start my life and I don't want to waste another second being unhappy here.



So if your still reading and aren't bored out of your mind yet, here is what my question is, finally... With being over the legal age and leaving a note, is there anyway that my parents can get to me or find out where I am somehow? Like by social security number? Or something like that?



Note that I will not be taking the car they bought for me, or my cell phone (I'll be getting a new phone under a new account, new number and everything obviously), I don't use any credit cards of theirs, and they do not know where the person who I'll be with lives at. Please let me know if you see any flaws in this plan. Any at all, even if you are not 100% positive. I just need to make sure that there is no way that they can find me in anyway.





Thank you if you actually took the time to read all this. Oh, and please do not preach to me about how I should not go through with doing this. Exercise your fingers somewhere else please, it would just be a waste of both of our time.';Running away'; at 19...?
Wow, there are a lot of negative responses here. While I see that you are young (I am 19 also), you mentioned that you have a job. If you are 100% sure that this job is going to pay for the place that you'll be staying at, I don't see a problem with you MOVING away from your parents. I don't think you should runaway- I think you should talk to them before you leave so it technically won't be running away.



I don't think that they will be able to find you- once you are over 18, you are an adult in America's eyes. Good Luck. I wish you well.';Running away'; at 19...?
I dint read this dont write a novel you must be whinny

keep runin *****
Do whatever you want.

it's your life.

goodluck!
your a ***** and my sister did the same thing you're planning on doing. Due to her selfishness, she landed a roll as a dropout and is now roaming the streets somewhere in Canada. She used to say the same damn thing, ';I will get a job I will study.'; and you know what happened? SQUAT. Now she's screwed for life and she ruined the families reputation. You'd be heartless for doing something like that, when your mother gave birth to you and endured pain for many months for you. What type of human are you...... GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!
My brother did the same thing a few years ago, and because he was over 18 and hadn't broken the law (was not wanted by police) there was no way that anyone was going to give my mother his new address.

Good luck! I know what it's like to want to escape a mean and judgmental mother.



My brother now lives a couple of states away, but he is neither roaming the streets, or unemployed. We see him at Christmas and Easter and we talk over the phone, and through facebook often.
son of a b*tch if my kid ever ran away, id have the entire damn police force looking for him. not because i want to dicipline him, because i love him and sure as hell know he isnt ready for the cold harsh world out there, even if he IS 20 years old.
the only flaws i might see are in social networking areas such as facebook or myspace. Even if you don't have your parents as friends, sometimes people may see things on your facebook and pass it on to your parents



i would focus on your education though



good luck %26lt;3
Once they read your letter, call the police I do not think there is anything they can do about it, you are 19. You know it sounds like you have a good plan but I am willing to make a bet after you have a few years under your belt and grow up a bit more, you are going to look back and find you miss the family, you really don't want to burn bridges which sounds like what you are doing. You don't mention what type of abuse, if any you had in this home. I was wondering since everything sounds good, job, you are not ripping them off why you did not sit down with them and tell them you are leaving, you should have let us know why you did not do this. At the same time if I could have done this when I was younger than you are now I would have, my mother use to beat me so bad, the school go involved I ended up in the Dr.s office for being kicked, and beat on, her husband started molesting me when I was 12, if you have not been through this I don't understand why you would want to leave so badly.
  • translatespanishpoem
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment