Friday, November 19, 2010

';Running away'; at 19...?

Alright so I realiza that since I am over the legal age of 18, if I just left my house it would not be technically running away. But that's what I'm doing. I'll give you a little bit of information to fully understand so you're able to answer the question I'm going to ask though. So, let me say first that I am not leaving my parents house out of hate, anger, or anything cliche like that. My reason is that I just want to live my life the way I've always been wanting to. And that's very hard to do when you have one of the most judgmental people as your mom. I don't necessarily want to go and do bad things but just I guess not have to worry if what I am doing is going to be approved by her.



I feel as though I have a pretty flawless plan as to how I am going to do this as well. What I am going to do is at night when both my parents are sleeping, my boyfriend is going to help me get all my stuff out of my room and put it all into his car. I have written a long letter to my parents that I will be leaving on the kitchen counter where they will easily see in the morning. In this letter, I will explain my reasoning behind moving out, who I am with, and that I will contact them so they know I am safe. I know it will hurt my parents but I feel like nothing else will get the point across. I also don't plan on cutting my family out of my life completely. What I am going to do is after a few days of my moving out, I will call my parents just to say I'm safe and no need to worry. And then eventually, after things have calmed down at a tolerable level, keep more in touch with them.



As for where I'll go, I have a place to stay and also a very good job already that actually pays a lot more than my parents have ever made but that's beside the point. I will also be attending school once I get everything together. I do want to succeed in life and I want to go far with all my dreams but I want to do it the way I feel is best for me, not what my parents want. This may sound like just a pathetic (or no so pathetic) attempt at rebellion. But that's not what I'm doing. I just need to start my life and I don't want to waste another second being unhappy here.



So if your still reading and aren't bored out of your mind yet, here is what my question is, finally... With being over the legal age and leaving a note, is there anyway that my parents can get to me or find out where I am somehow? Like by social security number? Or something like that?



Note that I will not be taking the car they bought for me, or my cell phone (I'll be getting a new phone under a new account, new number and everything obviously), I don't use any credit cards of theirs, and they do not know where the person who I'll be with lives at. And also my last name will be different. Please let me know if you see any flaws in this plan. Any at all, even if you are not 100% positive. I just need to make sure that there is no way that they can find me in anyway.





Thank you if you actually took the time to read all this. Oh, and please do not preach to me about how I should not go through with doing this. Exercise your fingers somewhere else please, it would just be a waste of both of our time.

3 hours ago - 4 days left to answer.

Additional Details

Wow seriously, first person that answered: your clearly retarded. ';Running away'; was put in quotes for a reason. Learn how to read.

3 hours ago



What if my last name was different?

3 hours ago



I really wish you people would read before you give me an answer. I already stated I will not be taking my car.

3 hours ago



First of all, I wouldn't be using any bank account that they have any access to. I'll have a new one in a different name actually so that's not an issue. And no it would not be easier to just tell them because they would make it their mission in life to stop me. They are the definition of overprotective.';Running away'; at 19...?
I dont know, if you have a whole new identity they really shouldn't be able to find you. But some parents have been known to make up things for the police to find you. Your over 18 so they cn not stop you. But make sure you have a 100% plan, and also maube leave a really recent photo of you and a very detailed letter. You dont want them thinking that you absoloutly hate them and such. I know if my child did it then I would like to know his/her reasons for doing it.



I hope you have a wonderful life.';Running away'; at 19...?
There is no reason for you to have to change your name. If they find you and won't leave you alone, you can call the police. My daughter's father was like that, and she called the police and had him removed from her home. He was banging on her door, and she would not answer, because he had tried to tell her that she should spend every weekend with him, even though she was married and had two children. (Nut case if you ask me. I married at 17--way too young, my mistake)



You are an adult now, and have the right to make your own decisions, even if they are not correct. That is how you learn in life. Just be careful that you are not leaving with a controlling bf. That happens sometimes, because you have been programmed to life that way. That would only be trading one misery for another. You would do best getting your own place and enjoying the single life for awhile. You have no idea how much fun it is to be single and living alone!!! Think about it before you make your final decision. You only live once. Good Luck!!
This is why you need to get a new identity.
umm, as you stated your not running away kuz your old enough to move out, but if your leaving aletter and letting them know wher they can contact you, than you shouldve just done that when thy were awake, and during the day time so they can see how serious you are about making and starting your own life, i mean your 19! they have to let you go at some point right?

and im pretty sure they cant find you, 1st of all because they would need like some kind of permission to be able to access your personal informationa nd if they do get throught o that, how will they know wussup with you if your using a different name? but umm they can go to you if they know who your staying wiht, thats the only way i can think of... other than that, i wanna say, alwayslook forward and keep your head up high,a nd dont forget these goals you set for yourself =) GOD BLESS!!!
I think that is a great plan. I like how you are responsible of not using their credit cards or taking the phone they bought you or taking the car they bought you. You are counting on yourself rather than others. The changing last names.... It kind of seems weird. But you do what you want. I will not judge you like your mother. Just make sure you keep in contact and always stay in touch for holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment