Friday, November 19, 2010

What medicine do YOU take for your severe anxiety and O.C.D and depression?

Ok, so heres the story; I've been trying all these new kind of pills and it seems like nothing has been working. I've been in theropy but she wasn't a very good theropist- it was through the church-so I'm trying on from kaiser but they aren't in til april 20th and that seems just way too far away. I have anxiety bad. I am a ball of nerves from the second I get up to the second I go to bed. I over think and over anylize everything. Its been preventing me from preforming to the best of my abilities at school and its gotten worse, my grades have been dropping and its hard to focus. Now with my ocd, its mostley the same thing, and I don't obsess about cleanslyness like most with this condition, I obsess about my hair. Its embarrasing to say because it sounds so shallow but trust me, I'm not infactuated with my hair-in fact, in my rational mind its just hair, but not with the ocd. I obsess about it the instant I wake up. It really affects my work ability and the way I interact with people-its like I can't now. I obsess about how my hair looks and feels and I'm constantly running my fingers through it. I could go on and on about this forever, this doesn't even cover half of it, but I've already written a lot so I'm going to move on. With my depression, it is mostley a result of my ocd and anxiety. I am not motivated to do anything anymore. The things I use to love hold no interest for me anymore. I use to love running. I haven't ran since cross country. I love to draw and I'm quite good at it-I haven't been able to finnish my drawing for months. Its really hard having all this stuff, the only releif I get is when I go to bed and fall asleep after a long time. I just don't know what to do anymore. Life has become so hard for me. I've always struggled with anxiety, but its gotten so much worse. I don't know what to do but I can't stand being like this for any longer. I'm afraid I won't be, CAN'T be successful if I stay this way. I'm afraid I'll get fired for my job soon, (which I got through the school, its a daycare center) I just don't know what to do and my medicine doesn't help. What do you take?What medicine do YOU take for your severe anxiety and O.C.D and depression?
I'm on Anafranil for the OCD and depression (it's an older Anti-depressant that treats OCD as well), and Buspar and Klonopin for the anxiety.What medicine do YOU take for your severe anxiety and O.C.D and depression?
My anxiety and OCD are bad!! The medicine is okay...I have a hard time finding meds that work, but these have been the best so far.

Report Abuse


I have the obsession side of ocd but not too many compulsions and they're really not all that ritualistic. That being said I have terrible Social Anxiety and Generalized Anxiety along with Schizophrenia. I'm on BuSpar for the anxiety and Geodon for the Schizophrenia. I really recommend BuSpar, I couldn't be happier with it.
I have taken pills for everything and until you come to terms with what is really bothering you, no medication is going to help. You are a runner and now you have stopped! where do you think all that energy goes? You must stop wanting to do something about it and just do it. I have o.c.d and I also use to twirl my hair until I thought I would pull it all out one day. Take some time to stop thinking about it all the time. You are giving it energy and you seems to have plenty of that. Take time to just not think so much. It is hard to do but it works. When thoughts come into your head just say whatever and breath through it. Don't think a pill will take this away, it will just pay for the doctors new car!! You can do this, I know you can, because I did it. It is not easy but it can be done and you can do it. Go running and clear your mind.
welbutrin...

for major depression,

i havent been taking it for that long...for anti depressants u have to give it time.

No comments:

Post a Comment