Sunday, November 21, 2010

LGBT: How can I get excited about my girlfriend leaving?

Yesterday my girlfriend excitedly texted me at work saying that she was going to Study Aboad From May to July in Germany! She said ';It's the same day Beth (her roommate) leaves so we have to figure a moving situation';. and I was like ';ohh, wow! because you both have to move so much stuff?'; and she goes ';No, i meant you moving in!'; and i go ';Ohhhhhh... Well, someone has to watch your cat for 2 months, aka me, so i can just trickle stuff in :D'; and she goes ';Im only going for 6 weeks'; and I said ';ohh, well still!';



Im SO happy for her that she's going to GERMANY! That's SO exciting.



But, ive got that lonely feeling already! Its good because her roommate leaves for good, and I am moving in, and once she's back i get to live the ';domestic life'; with my girlfriend :D



but once im moved in, im going to be so lonely! When my girlfriend went to Russia last January for a week, I was SO lonely and would sit on Facebook for hours waiting for her to come online so i could talk to her :/



How can i excite myself so I won't miss her too badly when she's gone? I don't want to be bored out of my mind and lonely. I don't have hardly any friends, but I do work during the day, so that's good :P



Any ideas?LGBT: How can I get excited about my girlfriend leaving?
First of all, congratulations to her. I bet she's really excited.



Lucky you, she won't be gone for a very long period of time. Of course, even though you're happy for her and all, it's not the kind of situation any person in a relationship would dream of, but, you need to make the best out of it.



I think it'd be a good chance to focus on work, family, friends, etc. Enjoy doing what you like, maybe you could find new hobbies, or even find new friends. Try to keep yourself as busy as you possibly can, that way you will have less time to think about how much you miss her. If everything else fails, you always have YA. :D



Oh, and for your own sake, don't torture yourself thinking about what she may be doing. She's with you, and you trust her. If you start thinking about that, it will eventually drive you insane and it may cause unnecessary problems.



Hope everything goes well.

And good luck with moving in and living together, it's a pretty big step. :)LGBT: How can I get excited about my girlfriend leaving?
keep in touch feed the cat and read books and get a job! I know you already have one..but who in the hell has time to be a Top Contributer on an online chat Forum?
hehe I know this may sound sooo random, but I've always thought that Dancing classes help u pass the time =D
Just tell yourself that everything will be ok when she gets back and think all the great things that are going to happen when she gets back!!!!
You have nearly 7 months to develop some outside interests to keep you occupied while your girlfriend is away. You need to; if you go into that much of a funk if she goes away for a week, two months will be debilitating. Her interests are taking her abroad. You don't want to be sitting at home all whiny about the fact that she is not there. That will grow to seem possessive in short order (at least it would with me). I would think having outside interests would make you feel more confident and less dependent, which would make you a better partner in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment