Thursday, October 28, 2010

What should i name my book?

its not done yet but i need a name



I knelt down and laid the bouquet of red and white roses on the doorstep, picked up Aiden and walked away. So many things had happened in that house while we were there. I could remember the things he would do and say to her. “I’ll kill you” he would always yell as he firmly grasped her neck and tightened his grip with each word. Then one day after school as I walked home something suddenly happened. I entered my home finding father drunk on the couch, as usual from all his booze. I called out for my mother, she didn’t answer.

I crept around the corner of the hallway until I came to the bathroom, I could feel the hairs on my neck rising up. I scarcely turned the knob and cracked the door enough to see mother’s body hanging from the ceiling. I knew this father’s work, the bathroom held his sent of booze and cigarettes. As I cried out I clasped my hands over my mouth trying not to wake up father with the noise. I walked over to her body and touched mother’s ice cold skin while tears rolled down my cheeks. I couldn’t believe he killed her this time, but why? I left out the bathroom, hands still over my mouth, and walked down to Aiden’s room. He was still asleep.

“Aiden…Aiden, wake up” I said quietly. Aiden slowly opened his eyes and blinked. “Emily are you crying?” he asked I nodded to him, “Why?” he questioned. Aiden had never really seen me cry before, “Mom’s dead” I whispered. Aiden wouldn’t move, “We have to go before he kills us.” I scurried around the house with a panicked look on my face, trying to grab everything that we needed. Once we had all our belongings, I closed the door and slowly backed away from the mad house. It had been a year since then.

I was currently 13 and Aiden was now 8. We were now in a foster home in England and hadn’t been anywhere else. “Emily, when are we ever going to leave here?” Aiden asked. “Aiden we aren’t going to leave here, we have to because dad can’t take care of us anymore, and no one else wants to take care of us” I always felt so ashamed when I told him that. Our own father couldn’t take care of us and the rest of the family didn’t want to. I walked down stairs to the lounge area.

“Emily you’re just the person I was looking for” Sara said. “Lillian, Scott, this is Emily” Scott extended his hand, I shook it. “I’m Scot and this is my wife Lillian, we’re your new foster parents. His accent was so thick I could barely make out what he was saying. “Nice to meet you” I replied. I wasn’t too happy about this, I was actually quiet worried. It had only been a year and we were already moving.

“Aiden get your stuff together” I yelled. He stopped playing with the other children and looked at me, “Why” he asked. “We’re leaving, we have to go to another house” just as I said that my mind flashed back to when we ran away. Aiden stuffed his things in his small suitcase and dragged it down to the main floor. “This is my brother Aiden” I elbowed Aiden in the side. “N-Nice to make your acquaintance” he said. Scott took our bags as we loaded the car.

“Everyone settled in?” Lillian said as she looked back at us. We nodded; she pulled off slowly as I looked out the back window at the house. “How far away do you live from here?” I asked. “About 10 minuets” Lillian replied. I looked back out the window as the housed faded behind us. Aiden was asleep by the time we arrived at the house. “We’re here” Scott said. Scott unloaded the car and showed us to our rooms.



“Aiden this is where you will stay” Scott set his suitcase down at Aiden’s feet and opened the door. “And this is where you will sleep” he led me to the room. “Thank-you” I said as I took my stuff in the room. “No problem” he replied with a smile. I kept my day clothes on at night. Hopefully I would put my plan to work tonight. I seconded guessed myself but I made up my mind. My plan to escape.



It was a storm going on outside, this was my only chance to leave. I didn’t want to be here, I wanted to be on my own, I thought. I gathered all my stuff and slung my bag over my shoulder. Aiden would be fine I thought as I cracked open the widow just enough to slide my body through. “Bye Aiden” I whispered. I jumped and landed on the wet grass and ran toward the main street. As I stepped onto the street blinding lights came rushing toward me. Before I knew it the car had collided into me causing my body to plummet into the cold, wet asphalt. I could move as I saw a faint, shadowy figure in the distance.



“Are you okay?” I herd a voice say. I looked around to see where it was coming from, when I felt a pair of arms grasping me. When I looked up I say a face of pale skin and jet black hair. His eyes were a forest green color. “Yeah, I’m fine and you can put me down” “Sorry about that” he said as he stood me up. We walked back over to the grass. “So what’s your name” he asked. “Emily” I responded.



“What is such a pretty lady doing out here at time like this?” he asked as he lWhat should i name my book?
OMG , i like you story very much its extremely interesting. I want to read more, where can i read more?

I love it!!!What should i name my book?
Kills, Chills, and Thrills



lol idk. its intersting though!!
There's a few mistakes in your work, such as 'Aiden was now 8'



Moving on,



Good names for books are usually based on a reoccurring theme or imagery that is associated with the plot.



You could name it say 'Red and White', if the roses were symbolic and reoccurring.

No comments:

Post a Comment