Thursday, October 21, 2010

How do you move on from your best friend?

Throughout grades 3-6 I had this really close guy friend, my best friend ever. We hung out and everything and we were so close.

The beginning of the 6th grade year, he said he was in love with me, (just to make it clear, it was probably the way a 6th grader feels love, not the big true love stuff.) I told him I just liked him as a friend, and he didn't mind.

Then second quarter, he started to hang out with the ';popular'; crowd more and more. I mean, he's awesome, so I can see why they liked him. I continued to hang out with my same old friends. Then, the last quarter of school, out of nowhere, he stopped talking to me completely. He still talked to my other friends, and I asked if he was mad at me and he said no. I would try and talk to him, and he would ignore me.

So we stopped talking and then in 7th grade he just ignored me like I was another face in the hall. Occasionally, he would look at me, but then kind of just keep a blank expression, so whatever.



So, now I'm starting 8th grade and I moved to a different town. I still like him and even though I haven't talked to him for pretty much a year, I only think about him and it p*sses me off!!! Basically, how do I get over him? I moved away and will probably never see him again. And I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but he was my best friend and I pretty much lost him without doing anything.



Thanks for those who read and answered :)How do you move on from your best friend?
Wow, I know you're young, but that was very cruel what he did to you, in my opinion. I understand if it makes you sad but you have to forget about him, and you will. You will meet real friends through life and as you do, you'll end up barely remembering him. Just takes time.How do you move on from your best friend?
Getting over losing a best friend can be so hard. The loss might be easier when you find a new best friend. You just need to find someone to have that same type of relationship with.
find new friends. only time will heal, but in the meantime, some new friends will help you forget.















http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
You said you liked him then why did you push him away when he told you he liked you?
Getting over old friends can be soooo hard ... it'll have you crying and leaving your heart in pieces...



I understand what your going through ... but to be honest , if i was you , visit your old school as much as possible , try even waiting around a little bit after dismissal . pick up #'s , AIMS , myspaces , etc . Then over the week-ends , hang out w| them .



I hope this works :]
Eveything happens for a reason. people come and go like air planes.People/Things also changes like the seasons. If theres a reason of u and ur friend in the future in time it will reveal. otherwise u sld continue moving on with ur life, appreciating those times u had with ur friend when u's were close. ur friend probaly cldn,t accept the turn down when he wanted to take the friendship up a notch. Hope I've helped a bit.
Getting over a best friend? SO HARD. I'm going through that right now and I was only friends with her for about a year. And its really really hard. She was the best and now she's gone, and I can't seem to move on, i've been trying for weeks.

Basically, you have to just take a deep breath and keep going. make new friends and concentrate on them. (even if none of them seem as amazing as the friend you lost. believe me i've felt that way before.) theres nothing you can do and you have to face that. just keep going. thats the only thing you can do. you can't change his mind and you can't make him think differently about you, but you can change the way you think about him. he is the past. you need to move on. if you don't move on it will just stay this hard and its no fun when its hard.
  • web hosting forum
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment