Thursday, October 28, 2010

If your spouse is depressed how do you act?

I was depressed lately. Because of problems at work, painful health issues, I'm broke, lack of sleep, memory issues. All those are present together.



One day at lunch my wife was nagging because I forgot to book an appointment for her in the Hospital, I told her that I'm quite depressed and explained to her all what is going on with me and told her how this is affecting me badly. Then I gave her the Hospital's number with the extension number for booking appointments and told her that since I am always forgetting just call them and book it yourself then tell me about the date and remind when the appointment day comes so I will drive her to the hospital.. She didn't say anything and after lunch I went to the living room as usual. She didn't come. instead she went to the guest room and was watching TV there...



After a few hours she came. As soon as she sat I got a phone call from my sister telling me that my father just came back from a trip to Australia. So I told her to hand him the phone so I can talk to him but as soon as I said that my wife left again. When I talked to my father he asked me where is your wife? as we usually both talk to him after he returns from his many trips so I told him that she took a nap and I will let her call him when she wakes up.



I was puzzled... Why is she acting like that.. Not talking or even sitting with me in the same room... I went to the kitchen for a drink of water when she came to the kitchen and took something from the fridge then attempted to leave without saying anything.. I called for her but she ignored me and went to the guest room... Now she knows how much I hate it when I call for her and she ignores... So I went after her and asked her whats your problem? Why are you here instead of the living room and why aren't you talking and why did you leave as soon as I asked for my father.



She said ';Why don't you make the appointment? aren't you the one responsible in this house?'; I said: ';What is the big deal? What makes a difference wether you and I make your appointment?'; Then she says ';And why did you switch the fan on in the living room.. I left because its cold in there';. At this point I was enraged. I kept on shouting and breaking things and telling things like I'm tired of you and pack your stuff and leave.



I will not make excuses for my rage but the fact is that I have alot in my mind. My job is in jeopardy, I'm not sleeping well, all my joints ache whenever I move, headache never stops, I keep on forgetting even the smallest things which caused alot of trouble in and out of work, I barely got enough money in possession to fill up my car's gas tank to get to work... Adding to all that the way my wife is acting even after explaining to her that I'm not in my normal condition and I'm not 100%. She keeps on doing those things she knows will irritate me for I don't know what reason... I truly regret having that rage and saying that stuff...



But please give me a break... I'm not asking her to be supportive but at least not to be irritating.



It has been a week since that incident... She is not talking to me even though I tried talking to her. And she sleeps in the guest room.



If your spouse is depressed how do you act?
u know what at leAST u are concerned about ur wife , like when she is worried u go and ask her what happend. in my case my husband doesnt even bother if i starve for a week sleeping in the couch. he never wals up to me and ask what happens

btw.. u dont have to worry about ur wife she is acting very silly.

and there is non need to drag oit for so long.

just say sorry (those words may console her even though its not ur mistake) and end it. things will be fine.If your spouse is depressed how do you act?
understanding. and there to talk and help him thru.
First apologize for your actions. Second if you are as highstrung as you say you are then you are probably doing things that you dont even notice that piss her off. Go to the doctor they can help with these feelings that you are having.. Tell her that you really need her right now and you know that you have been difficult and that you are trying hard to be better. Then tell her you will make the appointment... since you told her you would to begin with... Then I want you to do something that I havn't heard you do this whole time... Tell her everything that is going on down to all the joints hurt.. be open with your wife.
Apologize. Then tell her you are struggling inside yourself right now.

Try praying to your higher power. Ask for peace and release of fear. She will come around. But work on yourself. When you are about to talk, stop for a few seconds to see how it will sound to the other person.

No comments:

Post a Comment