Thursday, October 28, 2010

Are you surrounded by clutter?

What I'm really asking is, do you have too much ';stuff?';



I am starting to declutter again today and find myself overwhelmed with stuff. Stuff. In fact, from when we moved into this suite from the last suite I have 2 boxes of undisplayed ornaments. I don't mind having little ornaments and trinkets on a few surfaces, such as the top shelf of my desk. But ornaments and ';stuff'; (there we go again) are overtaking the apt. My dining table is covered with stuff.



The funny thing is, I am a very organized person. Things are genreally where they should be, but I am no match for stuff. For the longest time I have only brung into this house what is needed, what we use. What I need to do is get rid of stuff.



Share your tips! Anything! What do you do about stuff? How much can I actually put into storage?Are you surrounded by clutter?
try flylady.net



She's free, she's fun, and she has great ways to declutter without going insane through it. Good luck! (:



*Edit: Okay, beyond flylady, I loooove Peter Walsh. He's more drastic - but humane too (: . Here's a couple pages that were helpful:

http://www.oprah.com/foodhome/home/house鈥?/a>

http://books.google.com/books?id=koyuAXX鈥?/a>Are you surrounded by clutter?
I feel your pain....I'm going through about all of my stuff and I have so much junk that I didn't even know I had....I would suggest giving things you don't need to charity, especially if you're like me and feel bad about getting rid of stuff....Good luck!!
Yes I'm surrounding by clutter too! I think of it as ORGANIZED clutter tho! I just don't have enuf furniture to put things into! and I'm sure it looks like He(l to anyone who first sees it. :-(



I don't really have any tips at this point.
One place that I found over cluttered with stuff was my kitchen drawers. I had all kinds of contraptions and gizmo's that I hardly ever used. What I did was I emptied all my drawers into a big box. Whenever I needed to use something (like a soup ladle for example) I would take it out, wash it and use it. After it was used and washed I would put it back in the drawer. I did this for a month and at the end of the month, whatever was still in the box was taken to Good Will. I obviously didn't use it that often.
I'm in the midst of the same. I just took a huge load to Goodwill. Some items I put on Craigslist and other will go on Ebay. If they don't sell, they go to charity. I do not allow myself to go shopping unless for necessities.......whatever comes in, must go out eventually and I am tired of all the lugging. Best of luck, we need to keep this chain going and see who does the best.
first you need to sort through your stuff and ask these questions. do i really need it?do i use it? you should find by doing this your get rid of some of your clutter,and once you have your piles of stuff you can either donate to a charity shop,or do a table top sale car booty.or sell your bits on ebay,the extra cash could be spent on a nice display unit to put your little ornaments in that you keep.you need to be strong and not keep every thing i used to live with clutter,but now its gone my head feels so much clearer and i find myself to be a happier person good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment