Sunday, December 11, 2011

Whats your opinion about my relationship?

Ok, well to cut a very long story short, my husband died in June 2008 due to suicide, who I still miss and love very much! The problem is I am trying to let go of all the bad stuff that has happened in the past.

But my family are interferring.

I met up with a guy in January who I adore, hes a total sweetie and he understands my situations.

Now, my family and friends are telling me that I am jumping into a relationship too quick, some are praising me for moving on and others are just being plain devious to me by telling me to my face and back stabbing me saying how cruel I am and they are thinking that I am ';somehow'; forgeting my husband, who I was with for 2 years.

So seen as though all of my family are being terrorists towards me, I thought I'd share my views on here to see what other peoples opinions would be like.

Sick of listening to negative advice, its a total mind f***

I hope I get some better advice from others

ThanksWhats your opinion about my relationship?
Sounds to me like your family is being very selfish. They have to realize that you deserve to be happy. They cannot expect you to be alone for the rest of your life. Do your thing and just give them time to come around. Teh same situation happened with my aunt a few years ago and eventually everyone accepted it.Whats your opinion about my relationship?
lets start with good for you. For your own health and sanity you need to do exactly what you are doing and try to let go of the bad stuff. I am glad that you have met someone and I hope all works out for the two of you. Your family and friends are not the ones that need to live your life you are and only you know how soon to move forward. I think you need to stear clear of the ones that are telling you you are forgetting you husband and stabbing you in the back. You do not need people like that in your life. Tell them to take their negativity somewhere else and if they can't do that tell them they need to take their fake friendship elsewhere.
well i dont think u should date
You can only do what is right for you. It's not your fault your hub committed suicide, and you shouldn't have to wait around to date until your FAMILY feels it's ok.



If your ready, then your ready.
I think there is only one person who can decide when the time is right to try and move on.. that's you



Just because you are moving on doesn't mean you have forgotten your husband or that you'll ever stop loving him, but you still have to live otherwise what's the point of still being alive! How long do they expect you to wait? When will it ever be the right time? It's only a decision you can make, but people always think they know better



Ignore them and live your life to the fullest, you only get one chance!
You never forget the one you lost but its healthier for you to move on. Your family is just worried and they tend to do worse because they think they know whats best for you. Go ahead and move on forward and be happy because your happiness is what you need right now. I wish you good luck.
it's obvious that u really like this guy and that he makes you happy! he even understands what your going through, which is even better! its good that u have moved on, this shows that you are on the mend from the loss of your husband. your family are wrong, they dont know how u feel. you have to make it obvious that it feels right to move on. also point out that if u didnt move on you would only think about the bad things about ur past. tell them that its your life and you are an adult now and can make your own decisions. also tell them that you would never forget your previous husband because he meant the world to you and i'm sure you have great memories about him. you've just got to sit down with your family and tell them you're ready. i think what you're are doing is great because it shows that you have accepted things. if you ever do have doubts and times of sadness just say the serenity prayer:



God grant me the serenity

to accept the things i cannot change;

change the things i can

and wisdom to know the difference





hope i've helped! :-)
A year is a good amount of time in my opinion it is hard because he was taken from you while you were still in love with him but I think you are doing the right thing as long as this guy isnt a rebound. If you get on and you like him and he likes you then you need to tell those horrible people in your family to back off. Everyone does things differently but your not cheating your moving on and living your life. Your husband left you alone when he killed himself and that is not your fault, you shouldnt stay unhappy. Ignore them completely and see how things go dont let something good pass you by because of other peoples opinions. Good luck I hope it works out for you both.
two years is a long time for ur man to have been gone and its okay to have found someone else. heck,id say even after a year it would have been okay. only you know wot you have with ur man and he'd most likely want you to carry on and live ur life etc.



the people that are giving you grief for this i think you shouldnt pay them any attention and slowly stop talkn with them no matter who there are and see if the come around to you giving them the cold shoulder.



go for it
sorry for your loss .but only you know when the right time to move on is. it's how you feel inside that counts. no doubt you will never forget him, but you cant live the rest of your life in a shadow of the past.move on and live your life,and be as happy as you can be,in time your family will understand. hope i helped ,
Its a good thing you ar moving on with your life but you also have to make sure you are ready for another relationship.You don't want to bring baggage to this new guy.



anyways,do what feels right for you.Don't listen to people who are criticizing you.

Good luck
I don't think there's a right answer on when you can move on. You just know. I think you're fine. Do what makes you happy.
only you can decide if you are ready to move on. No-one else but you !!

If this guy makes you happy then go for it ! but you have to ask yourself one question ... is he just a replacement or do you really love him ?

No comments:

Post a Comment