Sunday, December 11, 2011

My best friend left me for her boyfriend. have any similar stories?

We were friends since my freshman year in high school, now I'm almost 19. We called each other every night, planned to move out together as soon as I found a job and she turned 18, etc.



Last March we both got new boyfriends. Little did I know that our friendship would start to dissolve. She was over at our boyfriends apartment every day and night (our boyfriends are friends lol). She new that we weren't getting to see each other as much and said she felt bad. But she continued.



Our boyfriends stopped having their apartment together and moved back in with their parents temporarily over the summer (last year). We weren't texting very much anymore.



She started smoking weed all the time, and I needed to find a job - so it's not like I was going to do that.



By August, her 18th birthday approached and she talked to me about moving together but I said we shouldn't since she started smoking cigarettes and she wanted to smoke inside (when I don't smoke at all!). and I knew her boyfriend wanted to move in with her. They were glued to each other.



So in september I got lost and couldn't find a bus to get back home (she had her boyfriend pick me up - just him- she was at work) and we were talking and I asked how he was and he said he was getting ready to move the furniture and stuff into the apartment. And I was like ';oh what apartment?'; and he looked shocked and said that he and my ';best friend'; were moving in together in like a week! I didn't mind, I was just shocked because she didn't tell me anything! and when I texted her asking about it she said she wanted to tell me and was upset that her boyfriend accidentally told me.



Then a month later she starts talking to me asking if my tattoo hurt too much when I got it. I said it didn't hurt an insane amount but it definitely hurt. I said why are you getting one? and she said yes and I was like ';oh I want to come!'; she had been there when I got mine and I said (when we were still close) that I totally had to go with her for hers. She said ';in five minutes!'; I was like X_X! I couldn't believe it. I was like why didn't you tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and she just said she thought I would be too busy.



Then in December I gave her this neat thing that lights up and creates bubbles in water (kind of like a late housewarming gift) and we hugged (we never hug) and the next day I asked if she set it up yet and she said she was too busy. That's the last I've talked to her. So yes its been about a month and a half.



During the span of time of our dissolving friendship I went through a series of depressions that would sometimes last a couple days. I would burst into tears at a sudden thought of her, and it caused me a great deal of pain.



It was like waking up with your arm or leg amputated and you don't know why.



Do you have any helpful comments or stories?



I'm trying to purge her out of my life. That's why I saw her in the december of last year, to get rid of my baggage and not deal with it in the new year. It's like a goal to never see her AGAIN EVER.



Thanks for reading.My best friend left me for her boyfriend. have any similar stories?
well this may not happend to everyone but it has happended to alot of people , it happened to me too but the thing is you have to figue out what you wanna do with your life and not depend on how she treat you , thats the best i can tell you , i know you decided to shut her out of your life which is a good thing but dont let it bother you , you are here posting so it's still that you are still worry and think about her , just don't , just forget it , it will make you much happierMy best friend left me for her boyfriend. have any similar stories?
Something like that happened to me. Very different, but I did lose a friend, and I was very upset. And for a long time, too. My friend had a lot of troubles in her life and I was very, very, very young. She told me too many things I couldn't handle at that age. It made depressed. Really depressed. I slowly tried to inch myself away from her. I found out she was backstabbing me, and telling people secrets about me. I just cut myself off. When she invited me over I said no, because when I went over I would be sad. I made new friends. When I lost her it was hard but I got through it. I needed to be away from her. She was my first and last best friend. I miss having someone I can tell everything to but I do not miss her. She moved to a new school and eventually we could just say hello and make small talk.



Bahh. I guess my story isn't similar to yours but maybe it's comforting to know you aren't the only one who lost a friend, and kind of lost track of what was going on between each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment