Sunday, December 11, 2011

Can God really grant a second chance?

So, I am a Christian (Baptist to pinpoint it), and I believe in the supremacy of God and his omnipotence. I don't really understand all the free will and ';does God know the result of every choice we can make or just the ones we do because he knows the end'; and stuff like that, but I do understand (as VeggieTales so greatly put it) that God is a God of second chances.



I also know that faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains, so the faith of an acorn must be able to do so much more. My question with that is how much faith is a mustard seed? Believing that He can do something fully in your heart and mind, is that only a mustard seed? Or do we all have that faith, we just don't put it forth?



So, those two paragraphs lead me to my question: Can God, if you truly believe by faith that He is able in addition to Him saying yes to the request, let you have a second chance at life? If He was willing, could He have you wake up to find it was Christmas morning when you were seven and let you redo your life, knowing this time the right thing. I know life is a learning experience and people always say that when they look back, the most important things they see are the mistakes and what they learned from it, but . . . can God give a truly second chance?



Thanks.



Chris



Please do not answer the question if your comments aren't constructive. Don't bash Christianity, Christians, don't bash atheists. Please don't bash me. I want to know.Can God really grant a second chance?
Like go back in time and redo life? like tons of hollywood movies play out. No. Here's why... God will answer the prayers of his believers only if they are in accordance to HIS will not ours.. with 2nd chances he means that whatever your situation is presently he will guide you to him , he will help you and he will cleanse you from all unrighteousness if you repent. But no you can't re live anything if that is your question.Can God really grant a second chance?
A chance is what is a chance, it is based on probability, a dealer in Vegas does not believe in chance or luck he bases his belief on the law of averages, if you think God is behind luck why was he killed by Romans and why was Paul beheaded ... lovely mythical stories. There is no such thing as chance, just as there is no such thing as God.
I feel a forgiving God would definitely let us try again if we have good in our heart. He made us the way we are and we are weak and flawed so why wouldn't he? Maybe some people can prepare their soul in one lifetime but I don't think many can. If we're put on earth again in different circumstances we would be given the chance to grow and learn what we couldn't in a past life.



My bible educated boyfriend doesn't believe in reincarnation but he says when we die we have to go to hell and repent for everything we've done wrong before we go to heaven. I guess that's possible too. It makes sense.



I was educated some early in life about Christianity but I haven't read much about the bible. I find it irritating because much of it doesn't make sense to me. I go with how I feel more than anything.
Absolutely. I was Atheist my whole life and almost died. Can't say it was a NDE because I did not flat line. But what happened to me in the velvet nothingness between life/death, changed me forever. For the best. I'm not sure why Jesus was there for me. But He was. So was Satan. To collect me. One of the scariest things I have ever experienced. When you realized you are going to Hell - you can not imagine what that feels like. I was there. I have had 3 attacks or super natural things happen since then. It's like Satan makes his rounds hoping for a good find. He doesn't stay long if your house is strong.



I'm not sure why Christ saved me from Satan. I didn't deserve it from my point of view. Friends say they think it was because I never heard the word due to my upbringing. I don't know if I buy that. Even as an Atheist, I could see the glory of Nature and it spoke to me. Just because I felt an affinity to really old trees, could that have saved me? I don't thing so. I knew in my heart there was something more than myself but I didn't want to admit it because then I would have to alter my behavior?



I am what I am. Faulty, weak, and pathetic. This Christian stuff is harder than I imagined. But well worth the effort. My life is straightened out now, but I cry a lot more. Because I see past myself. As far as I am concerned, Jesus is all about second or more chances. He does not want to give up on you. I have seen that time and time again. I am proof of it.
i have never seen god do it outside of the bible.but he could do it if he wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment